Our privacy commitment: Matraex has never sold your information to someone else for advertising, or made money by showing you other people’s ads, and we never will. This has been our approach for almost 20 years, and we remain committed to it. This policy tells you what information we do collect from you, what we do with it, who can access it, and what you can do about it.
Part I – Information Matraex collects and controls
We only collect the information that we actually need. Some of that is information that you actively give us when you we first talk with you by phone, you sign up for an account, send us an email, request customer support, or buy something from us. We store your name and contact information, but we don’t store credit card numbers (except with our third party merchant processor Stripe for automatic payments).
When you visit one of our websites or use our software, we automatically log some basic information like how you got to the site, where you navigated within it, and what features and settings you use. We use this information to improve our websites and services and to drive new product development.
Sometimes we receive information indirectly. If you ask about our products through one of our referral programs or reselling partners, or sign in to one of our products through an authentication service provider like LinkedIn or Google, they’ll pass on your contact information to us. We’ll use that information to complete the request that you made. If you engage with our brand on social media (for instance, liking, commenting, retweeting, mentioning, or following us), we’ll have access to your interactions and profile information. We’ll still have that information even if you later remove it from the social media site.
What we do with your information
We use your information to provide the services you’ve requested, create and maintain your accounts, and keep an eye out for unauthorized activity on your accounts. We also use it to communicate with you about the products and services you’re currently using, your customer support requests, new products you may like, chances for you to give us feedback, and policy updates. We analyze the information we collect to understand user needs and to improve our websites and services.
We’re required to have a legal basis for collecting and processing your information. In most cases, we either have your consent or need the information to provide the service you’ve requested from us. When that’s not the case, we must demonstrate that we have another legal basis, such as our legitimate business interests.
You can decline certain kinds of information use either by not providing the information in the first place or by opting out later. You can also disable cookies to prevent your browser from giving us information, but if you do so, certain website features may not work properly.
We limit access to your personal information to our employees and contractors who have a legitimate need to use it. If we share your information with other parties (cloud hosting or other service providers, domain registrars, and reselling partners), they must have appropriate security measures and a valid reason for using your information, typically to serve you.
The European Economic Area (EEA) provides certain rights to data subjects (including access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and the right to object and to complain). Matraex undertakes to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
Part II – Information that Matraex processes on your behalf
If you handle other people’s data using Matraex apps or through Matraex services, such as information about your customers or employees, you are entrusting that data to us for processing. If you use a Matraex mobile app and give the app access to your contacts and photo library, you are entrusting data to us. If you use an app designed, hosted and supported by Matraex, The data you entrust to us for processing is called service data.
You own your service data. We provide public access to it and only process it according to your instructions. You may request that we export or delete it at any time through our service agreements. If you ever have questions or need assistance building a formal data inventory or data processing outline please contact us.
We hold the data in your account as long as you choose to use Matraex Services. After you terminate your account, your data will be automatically deleted from our active database within 6 months.
If you are in the European Economic Area and you believe that someone has entrusted your information to us for processing (for instance, your employer or a company whose services you use), you can request certain actions from us regarding your data. To exercise those data rights, please contact the person or company that entrusted the data to us so we can work with them on your request.
Part III – General
There are some limitations to the privacy we can promise you. We will disclose personal information if it’s necessary to comply with a legal obligation, prevent fraud, enforce an agreement, or protect our users’ safety. We do not currently honor Do Not Track signals from internet browsers; when a universal standard for processing them emerges, we will follow it.
Matraex’s Privacy Commitment
Matraex has limited our collection and use of Private information since we started business in 2000.. We gathering only what we believe is essential for doing business, or for the specific transaction at hand. This policy formalized and makes our policy and commitment explicit regarding the the information we gather from customers and users. The policy describes how we will use the information and how we will not. This policy is long in order to unambiguously address all the relevant cases. We will try and keep the language simple and direct as much as possible.
- Part I – Information Matraex collects and controls
This part deals with how Matraex collects and uses information about website visitors, potential customers, users of Matraex’s products and services, and others who contact Matraex through forms or email addresses published on or linked to our websites.
- Part II – Information that Matraex processes on your behalf
This part deals with how Matraex handles data that you entrust to Matraex when you use our products and services, or when you share any personal or confidential information with us while requesting customer support.
- Part III – General
Part I – Information Matraex collects and controls
What information Matraex collects
We collect information about you only if we need the information for some legitimate purpose. Matraex will have information about you only if (a) you have provided the information yourself, (b) Matraex has automatically collected the information, or (c) Matraex has obtained the information from a third party. Below we describe the various scenarios that fall under each of those three categories and the information collected in each one.
Information that you provide us
- Account signup : When you call to setup an account or you sign up for an account on our sites to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your name, contact number, email address, company name and country to complete the account signup process. You’ll also be required to choose a unique username and a password for accessing the created account. You may also provide us with more information such as your time zone and language, but we don’t require that information to sign up for an account.
- Payment processing : When you make payment to us, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card information or other payment account information. When you submit your card information, we store the name and address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number. For quick processing of future payments, if you have given us your approval, we may store your credit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secured servers of our Payment Gateway Service Provider Stripe
- Testimonials : When you authorize us to post testimonials about our products and services on websites, we may include your name, voice, video and other approved personal information in the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interactions with Matraex : We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, and chat conversations with our employees, for improving our interactions with you and other customers.
Information that we collect automatically
- Information from browsers, devices and servers : When you visit our websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Information from application logs and mobile analytics : We collect information about your use of our products, services and mobile applications from application logs and analytics tools, and use it to understand how your business use and needs can improve our products. This information includes service usage, clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
Information that we collect from third parties
- Signups using federated authentication service providers : You can log in to to a Matraex Service or using supported federated authentication service providers such as LinkedIn, Microsoft and Google. These services will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address.
- Referrals : If someone has referred any of our products or services to us that person may have provided us your name, email address and other personal information. You may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove your information from our database. If you provide us information about another person, or if another person gives us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Information from our service providers : If you connect with any of our Service Providers or attend an event that is sponsored by Matraex, the Service Provider or event organizer may share your information with us. Matraex may also receive information about you from review sites if you comment on any review of our products and services.
- Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources : When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, or better understand user reactions and issues. Once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media sites. Matraex may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
Purposes for using information
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our products and services and interactions;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our services, such as enabling collaboration, providing website and mail hosting, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To understand how users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our products and services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of Matraex, Matraex’s users, third parties and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user.
Legal bases for collecting and using information
- Legal processing bases applicable to Matraex : If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for information collection and use depends on the personal information concerned and the context in which we collect it. Most of our information collection and processing activities are typically based on (i) contractual necessity, (ii) one or more legitimate interests of or in Matraex or a third party that are not overridden by your data protection interests, or (iii) your consent. Sometimes, we may be legally required to collect your information, or may need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Withdrawal of consent : Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
- Legitimate interests notice : Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and those legitimate interests are not specified above, we will clearly explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information if feasible..
Your choice in information use
- Opt out of non-essential electronic communications : You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function included in all such messages. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails.
- Disable cookies : You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly.
- Optional information : You can choose not to provide use with optional information. You can also request that we remove any optional information from our systems at any time.
Who we share your information with
- Third-party Matraex service providers : We may need to share your personal information and aggregated or de-identified information with third-party service providers that we engage for services to Matraex, such as marketing and advertising partners, event organizers, web analytics providers and payment processors. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Other third-party service provider: In order to provide the services requested by you, we may need to share your personal information and aggregated or de-identified information with third-party service providers that such as app store marketplaces, software vendors, payment processors marketing, affiliate partners or api vendors or other requested services. These are done only as requested and/or needed by you and they are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and for you..
- Domain registrars : When you register a domain through Matraex from domain name registrars, we may your name and contact information such as your physical address, email address and phone number with them as per the ICANN domain registration rules.
- Other cases : Other scenarios in which we may share the same information covered under Parts I and II are described in Part III.
Your rights with respect to information we hold about you as a controller
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights with respect to information that Matraex holds about you. Matraex undertakes to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
- Right to access : You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared
- Right to rectification : You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
- Right to erasure : You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to restriction of processing : You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to data portability : You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
- Right to object : You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to complain : You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use or share your information. This right may not be available to you if there is no supervisory authority dealing with data protection in your country.
Retention of information
Part II – Information that Matraex processes on your behalf
Information entrusted to Matraex and purpose
- Information provided in connection with services : You may entrust information that you or your organization (“you”) control, to Matraex in connection with use of our services or for requesting support for our products. This includes information regarding your customers and your employees (if you are a controller) or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services (if you are a processor). The data may either be stored on our servers when you use our services, or transferred or shared to us as part of a request for technical support or other services.
- Information from mobile devices : When you elect to allow it, some of our mobile applications have access to the camera, call history, contact information, photo library, and other information stored on your mobile device. Our applications require such access to provide their services. Similarly, when you elect to provide access, location-based information is also collected for purposes including, but not limited to, displaying your location, locating nearby contacts or setting location-based reminders. This information will be exclusively shared with our mapping providers and will be used only for mapping user locations. You may disable the mobile applications’ access to this information at any time by editing the settings on your mobile device. The data stored on your mobile device and their location information to which the mobile applications have access will be used in the context of the mobile application, and transferred to and associated with your account in the corresponding services (in which case the data will be stored on our servers) or products (in which case the data will remain with you unless you share it with us).
- (All the information entrusted to Matraex is collectively termed “service data”)
Ownership and control of your service data
We recognize that you own your service data. You may request that we change the processing of your service data or export or delete your service data.
How we use service data
We process your service data when you provide us instructions for the services requested. For example you requested that we implement a contact form on your website, which collects your customers data and saves it to your database and emails that contact information to you..
If you have enabled notification on our desktop and mobile applications, we will push notifications through a push notification provider such as Apple Push Notification Service, Google Cloud Messaging or Windows Push Notification Services. You can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications by turning off notifications in the application or device settings.
Who we share service data with
- Matraex group and third party sub-processors : In order to provide services and technical support for our products Matraex group engages third parties .
- Collaborators and other users : Some of our products or services allow you to collaborate with other users or third parties. Initiating collaboration may enable other collaborators to view some or all of your profile information.
- Other cases : Other scenarios in which we may share information that are common to information covered under Parts I and II are described in Part III.
Retention of information
We hold the data in your account as long as you choose to use Matraex Services. Once you terminate your Matraex user account, your service data will be deleted in rotation.
Data subject requests
If you are from the European Economic Area and you believe that we store, use or process your information on behalf of one of our customers, please contact the customer if you would like to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to processing, or export your personal data. We will extend our support to our customer in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Part III – General
Children’s personal information
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 16. Matraex does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 16 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you believe that a child under 16 years has provided personal information to us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, and we will take the necessary steps to delete the information we hold about that child.
How secure is your information
At Matraex, we take data security very seriously. Security is built into our everyday conversation as we build maintain and host software. We extend that same security to managing data and the privacy of that data. We host our data and services in only certified data centers and follow Security best practices. Write us at email@example.com to address any security considerations.
Data Protection Officer
Locations and international transfers
We share your personal information and service data within Matraex. By accessing or using our products and services or otherwise providing personal information or service data to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information or Service Data within the United States of America, the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries where Matraex operates.
Data processing addendum
To enable you to be compliant with the data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, we are prepared to sign a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) that is based on Standard Contractual Clauses. You can request a DPA from Matraex by completing this form with details of any special needs. Once we get your request, we’ll forward the DPA to you for your signature.
Do Not Track (DNT) requests
Some internet browsers have enabled ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) features, which send out a signal (called the DNT signal) to the websites that you visit indicating that you don’t wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not take action in response to these signals.
External links on our websites
Blogs and forums
We offer publicly accessible blogs and forums on our websites. Please be aware that any information you provide on these blogs and forums may be used to contact you with unsolicited messages. We urge you to be cautious in disclosing personal information in our blogs and forums. Matraex is not responsible for the personal information you elect to disclose publicly. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account with Matraex. To request the removal of your information from our blogs and forums, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media widgets
Our websites include social media widgets such as Facebook “like” and comment buttons and Twitter “tweet” buttons that let you share articles and other information. These widgets may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you navigate in the website, and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Disclosures in compliance with legal obligations
We may be required by law to preserve or disclose your personal information and service data to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements.
Enforcement of our rights
We may disclose personal information and service data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, or protecting the safety of our users.
If Matraex sells, we will ensure that acquiring entity is legally bound to honor our commitments to you. We will notify you via email or through a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or in the uses of your personal information and service data. We will also notify you about any choices you may have regarding your personal information and service data.
Notification of changes