Load Emails from POP3 into Gmail
You can load your email from a standard email account (email@example.com) into your Gmail account using POP3.
To do this you will need your POP3 credentials from your email service provider. Credentials include ‘server’, ‘username’ and ‘password’. Depending on security requirements you may also need to know the ‘port number’
- Port Number *optional
Now, login into your gmail.com account in order to add this account to your settings
- Login – open gmail.com and loginusing you gmail credentials
- Open the ‘Check mail from other accounts’ section of the gmail settings
- Click the Gear at the top right
- Click ‘See all Settings’
- Select the Accounts and Imports Tab
- Scroll down to the ‘Check mail from other accounts’ section of the settings
- Click the ‘Add a mail account’ link.
- A screen pops up – fill in the information and credentials to connect your email
- Enter your email address
- Enter the server connection information they are prompting and click continue
That’t it! Once successful Gmail will check your POP3 account periodically and you will be able to see your emails in your Gmail Inbox.