Can Apps Be Stored On a SD Card?
If you’re looking to put your apps on an external device, an SD Card might be the best option.
We haven’t encountered a situation where we would need an app placed onto an SD card yet but if you wanted to transfer it here’s how.
We’re pulling these steps from Business Insider, we recommend you go to their site and read the full article here.
How to move apps to an SD card from an Android
- Open the Settings app and tap “Apps.”
- Tap an app that you want to move to the storage card.
- On the app’s details page, you should see a section called “Storage,” which summarizes how much space the app is taking up on your phone’s internal storage — tap “Storage.”
- You should see that the storage being used is Internal Storage. Tap “Change” and then, in the pop-up window, choose the storage card.
- To move the app to your SD card, just tap “Change” and then choose the SD card.
- On the next page, tap “Move.”
- When it’s done, the app will now be located on the SD card.
Bear in mind that the option to move to an external storage device is only available if the developer themselves has enabled that functionality. Not every app can do this, and not every phone can either. Apple devices are not manufactured with an external device slot. If you’re one that likes to transfer apps between devices this might be a downfall. Also, having the option to insert an SD card does help free up some of the storage on your Android device.