Bulk MX and DNS lookup enhanced
As our bulk MX and DNS tool has become more popular, Google has sent many people to our site looking for all sorts of DNS lookup tools. It seems that I was not the only one that needed a simple way to quickly gather DNS information on multiple domains at once
Many people have been able to quickly find all of the information they need about a domain (A, MX, NS and WHOIS records) and they move on. It turns out that even though the tool had the ability to lookup records for multiple domains at once, it is also useful for getting a quick DNS overview of a single domain. Web professionals often bookmark the tool and come back often.
The tool evolves as we get special requests, so my request to you is: let me know if I can add some functionality to the tool for you.
Several new features have been added in the last month.
- A premium option allows you to buy credits to remove usage limits
- Whois lookups are turned off on larger requests in order to avoid abuse restrictions
- Large scale lookups can be started by uploading a text file with one domain per line.
- For each file upload a background process builds a downloadable CSV file listing one dns record result per lin
- A row for each www and @ A record with the ip address
- One row for each MX record
- One row for each NS record
- One row displaying the ip addresses for each MX record.
- As the process builds the records file in the background , you can refresh the page withe your premium code in it and watch the progress.
Future upgrades may include
- The ability to choose to only lookup certain record types (A, MX or NS)
- Multithreading options to speed up background lookups.
- They ability to choose the download format of the DNS results list.
If you find the tool useful or you would like a certain type of enhancement, please leave a comment or send us a comment.
If you happen to be a techie that has to look at log files with timestamps, take a look at the tool that bulk converts timestamps to readable dates. You can just cut an paste a big block of text from you log and click