PDF Form Import Tool For Financial Professionals
“I don’t want to have to change account numbers”.
It’s understandable, this is no easy feat. In today’s digital world we tend to set it and forget it when it comes to paying your bills. Just provide the phone company with your account number, routing number and a signature and you’re set. Each month the phone company happily goes in a takes what you owe on your bill and you never have to think about it.
Convenience is king in today’s world — if you want business, you have to be easy to work with and you have to be convenient.
When you have a special product or service that is hard to find elsewhere and provides a quick and easy way to do business, then you get an edge on your competition.
So let’s say you are the financial institution’s front line, a teller at a local branch.
The banking industry can be rough. Executive leaders push for more clients to come through the doors and ask for branch personnel to get more products in every
wallet through cross-selling or promotions geared at increasing the customer base. As the front line, you have to listen for the verbal clues from customers that indicate a financial or personal need that you as a bank or credit union can fulfill.
Even the smallest comment can indicate an opportunity.
“I would just deposit this check at my bank, but it is drawn on your bank and you are closer. “
Typically, the conversation goes somewhat like this:
“Have you ever thought about doing your banking with us? “.
And here it comes…wait for it…
“I would love to do my banking here, but all of my automatic payments come from my current bank account. I don’t want to have to change all of that. “
What if the conversation didn’t have to end there? … What if your company had a solution for this? … What if the teller could offer a response like,
“I have a kit that can help you with that. I have all of the forms you need to make the switch.
What kind of automatic payments do you currently have coming from your other bank’s account. “
Now… they can
PDF Switch Kit
|Professional Management of PDF forms for switching business to your company||Convenience of having all of the required forms available to the customer|
|Complete form once and fill in many PDFs with the click of a button||Save time by quickly inputting your customer’s information – only once for all forms.|
|Offer a service which is unique in the industry – set your company apart||Increase credibility and gain recognition for having cutting edge technology available to your customers|
|Convert your potential clients more easily and for less cost.||Save money by converting a potential customer to a raving customer. Overcome the number one objection to doing business with you|
PDF Form Import Tool For Financial Professionals
In order to edit the PDF document I used Adobe Acrobat DC. This is not a free app but I think Google has a free app and their are other apps out there for editing PDF documents, however I’m not sure of the capabilities.
Be aware that buttons, form fields, radio buttons and similar features are called “fields” in the system. In the form I modified, I created a button field to send the form data over the Internet to our website where a WordPress plugin was waiting to process it.
- In Tools, Prepare Form: double click the “field” to open up the Properties UI
- Visibility controls are on the General tab, Common Properties section
- The field name, for programming purposes, is on the General, Name tab, and NOT the misleading Options, Label tab
- Several Actions and Triggers are available in the Actions tab
- An Action is matched with a Trigger
- “Mouse Up” is the trigger for the completion of a successful mouse click
Submit a form
- Submit a form, URL: is the target URL for the form when the user clicks the Send button. The target location must have some sort of processing feature or script that is designed to accept and process the form data. We have a free plugin available for WordPress named PDF Form Receiver with many options included
- The Submit a form action also has a few formats available. Our free WordPress plugin handles HTML and PDF. HTML setting sends the HTML formatted data. The PDF setting sends the form data as a PDF file attachment
Can Not Open PDF Documents with Adobe Reader From Internet Explorer Browser
We’ve run into some client machines that have had trouble opening PDF documents from within a browser.
Typically this is because there is an older version of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader that is or was installed on the computer and the browser has some sort of corrupt reference to it.
To correct this problem follow these steps.
- Open up Each version of Acrobat Reader or Acrobat that you have on your system.
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Internet and make sure the box to Display PDF in browser is unchecked.
- Click OK and close Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, proceed to the next step once you have done this for all versions
- Open the latest version of Acrobat Reader
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Internet and check the Display PDF in browser box.
- Save and Close Acrobat Reader.
You should now be able to open PDF files from within your browser.
In some cases the error will occur again after an Adobe update to the software. I cant explain this but if you uncheck the Display PDF in browser box and save the setting in the MOST RECENT version of Acrobat Reader last, this seems to allow PDF documents to open in the latest Adobe Reader version outside of the browser which may have some “corrupted” internal mapping to the incorrect version of the older Acrobat version.